Sunday, January 2, 2011

Departure

I woke up New Year's Day sick to my stomach, and surprisingly, it was not resulting from the booze that I had consumed the night before.  I have known since October(ish) that I would be leaving the country for the Spring Semester and spending my time in Geneva and exploring other parts of Europe.  Even when it was still December, the January 3rd departure date seemed like it was a ways off, but as soon as the calendar flipped over to 2011, I became acutely aware of the imminence of it.  For some reason, in my body the combination of excitement, anticipation, and nervousness translates to nausea.  So tomorrow early in the morning, I will be getting into my brother's Toyota 4-Runner with him, my Mom, and my Dad, and driving to Newark Airport to rendezvous with the rest of my group for a meeting, bag checking, an invasive TSA screening process, and finally, a seven hour flight to Switzerland.

Keep up with me on here, through Facebook, and on Skype (pmitchell929).  As I travel, I will post pictures and reflections on here regularly.  Adios friends and loved ones, I'll see you in May!

3 comments:

  1. Godspeed, Sweetness. From this day on you will see life and the world through different lenses. Have fun, learn everything you can and know you are so, so loved.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how was that TSA screening? You are not going to Geneva only to attend school, and travel, and have the time of a lifetime. Rest assured that these things are going to happen. Believe it or not, God's will is also being accomplished by your presence in a foreign place. Everyday is an opportunity to discover what it is that God has in store for others through you! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete